Oct 22, 2009

Communication does not always have to be a competition

It truly is a practiced art to listen more than you speak. In Japan, they say that speech is silver but silence is golden. I have heard somewhere that you have two ears and one mouth and conversation should be kept in that proportion.

The more valued results of communication are connection and sharing. As far as men and women go: men want to solve problems and women just want us to listen. I have recently learned from a friend the value of dialoging. A good dialog is like a good volley in Tennis. Thoughts bounce back and forth and one is in response to the other. The result being much greater than if you are just dumping on someone. Often, what develops is something greater than you could do alone.

A BLOG is so much more when there is dialog so I hope that site we can achieve this.

This is not a news letter--even though the current 6 followers do not necessarily know one another, you will be surprised with the things you have in common other than me.


My golf thought of the day is that it is more important to get really good at a few really important things than to be confused by a lot of things that you will undoubtedly hear or read about. I am still working on my balance and hitting down and through the ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment